Advanced Technology in Petaluma, CA
Technology is taking healthcare to a new level, and dentistry is full of new options that make dental care better, longer lasting, more beautiful, and more affordable than ever. Our office is pleased to provide you with what we consider the very best, most effective new technology. Ours is the only dental office in Petaluma to offer most of these technological advancements and, in some cases, we are one of a handful of offices in all of Northern California to do so.
New technology is changing dentistry in ways I couldn’t have imagined even 10 short years ago. When things emerge that will provide real value for my patients, I will continue to provide them. When new techniques become available, I will seek out the experts and get trained by them. Dentistry is a tremendously exciting field, and I love being a part of it. I look forward to seeing you in my office.
Learn more about the technology used in my office:
- CEREC Technology- is a CAD/CAM application which utilizes computer graphics and design, combined with a highly sophisticated milling unit to make crowns in one visit. The results are beautiful and durable, and accurate to 15 microns.
- PerioLase- is a laser that allows us to treat moderate to advanced gum disease comfortably and easily, without scalpels and sutures. I consider it to be the biggest advancement in dentistry in the last 50 years.
- Microscopes- We have two surgical operating microscopes, which I use for most fillings and root canals, and some crowns. They allow an unprecedented level of precision that simply isn’t possible without them. Very little is more important than precision when it comes to dentistry.
- DIAGNOdent Laser Cavity Detection- This is a very small laser that detects cavities that exist in the grooves and crevices of the teeth. When the laser light hits decay it causes fluorescence which the machine can detect.
- Digital X-Rays- Our office uses the latest, state-of-the-art digital X-ray technology. Digital X-rays require less than half the radiation of traditional film and allow you to see the images of your teeth on a computer monitor within seconds. This is also a green technology, as it eliminates the need for the hard metal solutions required to develop traditional film.
- Air Abrasion- Our air abrasion unit allows you to have small cavities fixed, without any shots or drilling. Air abrasion is a very sophisticated micro-blaster. It very precisely sprays 27 micron particles of aluminum oxide just fast enough to remove soft decayed tooth structure, while leaving healthy tooth alone.